Harbordale Elementary Room Parent Volunteer Sign-Up Form
In order to be a Room Parent, you MUST be an approved volunteer AND a member of the Harbordale School Association (HSA).
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering as a Room Parent! It is so exciting and is a great way to help in your child’s classroom and/or around the school.
Some of the great things a Room Parent does are:
- Time Commitment – 1-2 hours per week, but can vary depending on the teacher’s needs.
- Meet with the teacher to establish volunteer needs for the year.
- Encourage other parents in the class to join the HSA.
- If the teacher wants, help assign parent volunteers for parties, field trips and other events.
- Assist in getting supplies and snacks for classroom parties.
- Assist in getting donations for classroom supplies if needed.
- Attend HSA meetings to keep informed of upcoming HSA events and activities.
- Assist with informing other parents about events going on at the school
- Assist with getting the word out to get your teacher’s class adopted for the school year.
- Inform the other parents of the Teacher’s favorite things during birthday and holidays.
- Make the teacher’s birthday a special day.
- Assist with Teacher Appreciation Week.
If you have additional questions, please email or call Eva Shoop-Schafer – firstname.lastname@example.org