Thank you to EVERYONE who made the 2017 Walk-a-Thon a huge success! HSA raised over $14,000 in funds that will be directly used to impact the students and staff at Harbordale Elementary. We sincerely appreciate the support of the entire Harbordale community!
HSA Walk-a-Thon 2017 has ended… stay tuned for information about our 2018 Walk-a-Thon! The following information is for general reference about this popular HSA event.
HSA is raising money to continue to fund many of the programs here at Harbordale! ALL students will benefit from this fundraiser. We want to promote a healthy lifestyle for our students. Please help us reach our goal by supporting the Walk-A-Thon, and follow the below steps to help your child be successful. All students will actively participate by walking on 2/3/2017 during school hours at Harbordale.
Students may begin to ask friends & family to support their fundraising today by using the pledge packets. Online pledge registration began on JANUARY 1, 2017! Each classroom that meets their class goal by January 18, 2017 will be awarded EARLY distribution of this year’s new Walk-a-thon T-shirts! These t-shirts will be permitted to be worn on Fridays prior to and after the event!
- We have again teamed up with The Get Movin’ Crew© to help make this event fun and profitable.
- Please help us by helping your child raise a total of $30.00 in pledges.
- It’s easy! Just help your child gather 3, $10.00 flat online pledges.
Follow these Simple Steps to Pledge Success!
- Register your child for our Walk-A-Thon by at the Get Movin’ Crew website.
- SHARE – Friends and Family want to help your child be successful and share in their achievements. Use your student web page to promote online pledge donations using email & the social media tools.
- Watch your child’s Pledge Meter blast to the top fast! Most credit/debit cards are accepted from anywhere in the world. Check your child’s web page often to view all pledges, they are received in “real time.”
- Reach Pledge Superstar status by going above and beyond… fireworks ignite on your page!
- Walk-A-Thon: February 3, 2017 during school hours
- Please register online at the Get Movin’ Crew website.
- Pledges in the form of cash & checks, should be turned in to the school.
- Make checks Payable to HSA
- Final Pledges due date: February 10, 2017
***Harbordale Student Pledge Rewards!***
Individual Pledge Rewards
All students are encouraged to reach their individual pledge goal of $30.00
- $10.00 in pledges – students will receive a Homework Pass.
- $20.00 in pledges – students will receive a pair of Harbordale sunglasses(may be worn on the day of the walk). Plus a Homework Pass.
- $30.00 in pledges – students will will attend the Walk-a-thon Celebration party on March 3, 2017. The students will enjoy a delicious and healthy smoothie from Smoothie King and watch a slide-show of the event. Plus the pair of Harbordale sunglasses and a Homework Pass.
Go Above & Beyond – Be a V.I.P. – Very Important Pledger!
The top-pledging student at Harbordale will be the PE Teacher for a day!
Additionally, the top Pledging Students will win additional prizes which will be announced on WHBD!
All classrooms that meet their classroom goal will receive an EXTRA RECESS! All Classrooms are encouraged to work as a team to reach their class goal! Each classroom that meets their class goal by January 18, 2017 will be awarded early distribution of this year’s Walk-a-thon T-shirts! These t-shirts will be permitted to be worn on Fridays prior to the event as well as after the event!
**The classroom to earn the most pledges will earn a yoga class from yoga teacher… Miss Cookie!!**
Grade Level Prize
The grade which earns the most pledges will earn a dress down day!
Each week prizes will be raffled off on WHBD for those students who have met their pledge goal early! (Prizes- Gift Cards, pedometers, etc!)
If we meet our school goal of $10,000 – the entire school will earn a Spirit Day!
Together, Everyone, Achieves, More!
When the whole school works together as a team everyone WINS!
All online pledges are merged with in-school pledges for student pledge totals. Use your student web page to make pledging easy for you and your family/friends.
PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW YOUR CHILD TO GO DOOR-TO-DOOR TO SOLICIT PLEDGES